Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gotta Love the YouTube!

I must say I absolutely LOVE YouTube. The website gives people the opportunity to be seen and heard, and most importantly, it gives journalism students like myself the opportunity to share their work online. YouTube has also been - and still is - used by family members to share their memories online. At some times, these memories become unintentionally YouTube hits. One example is a Swedish couple's video that they put up of their one-year-old baby laughing. The video was intended to be shared among their family, but as the word spread about the video, it became an instant YouTube-hit and has had over 35 million views so far. If you want to share a laugh with this adorable Swedish baby, click here.

I've been writing for the university's newspaper since 2005. Thanks to YouTube, I've had the opportunity also to work as an online reporter for the newspaper's website, the BelmontVision.
One recent video that I produced and edited is about the annual "Disco is Dead?" party which I covered. The party was hosted by fraternity Alpha Tau Omega and the video includes cool outfits and groovin' dance moves. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Kristian said...

They should change the name of Youtube to LindaTube