re specifically, I worked for mtvU Productions. I, together with a few other interns worked with mtvU's producers on field and studio shoots. We also assisted in the pre- and post production process, we performed research on mtvU's artists, contributed our ideas during brainstorm sessions, organized and filed tapes to mtvU's library system, as well as logged and dubbed footage.I believe the internship was an extremely valuable experience - not only because I was able to be a part of a global company such as MTV Networks, but I also became more independent and I gained a lot of confidence. On the other hand, living in a city far away from home is nothing new to me; I moved at the age of 18 all the way from Sweden to a different continent by myself. I had to learn independence at a young age, however, nothing comes close to my New York experience. The city is absolutely amazing and I fully agree with people when they say that "if you can survive in New York, you can survive anywhere." The subway system was a little bit confusing in the beginning, but after about a week I got a good hang of it.
The MTV internship also gave me the opportunity to be on-air a few times. I attended miTRL and got to meet Beyonce; I was interviewed for different mtvU shows, and I attended a casting for the show opening to the new "SexCred with Dr. Ruth." To my surprise, I was chosen and can therefore be seen for about one second each time the show is about to start. It might seem funny that they would have a casting for people who they're just going to show for such a short time; however, I guess that makes you understand how much hard work it requires to make the TV industry as good as it is.

2 comments:
You make lickin' your lips look so professional! :) lol
I have an interview with MTV this week, do you have any tips? I've very excited about this possible opportunity
Post a Comment